New York Times Journeys – Paris: Tastes of the Left Bank
This luxury Parisian odyssey curated by Urban Adventures and The New York Times is a celebration of what the city does best.
Tastes of the Left Bank Tour Highlights
Paris has long been the world’s go-to city for gourmet delights and superlative shopping. This luxury Parisian odyssey curated by Urban Adventures and The New York Times is a celebration of what the city does best, from the world’s finest macarons and chocolatiers to quirky taxidermy-inspired homeware and the opulent aromas of the oldest perfumier and candlemaker on the planet. While strolling through the streets of the world-famous Saint-Germain area, we will have a taste of the many culinary delights of the left bank like exceptional heritage chocolate, delicious macarons, exquisite cheese and artisan bread that’s become the symbol of a nation. We will unlock the secrets of a famous baker, a candle-maker and a taxidermist in an experience that involves your five senses.
Please contact us if you would like to book this tour for a group of 13 people or more:
Office phone number: +33 7 82 36 74 64
Email address: [email protected]
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, a hot chocolate with a pastry sample, a contemporary macaron by Pierre Hermé, cheese tasting with bread and a glass of wine, and a surprise souvenir to take home!
Exclusions: Items of a personal nature, additional food and drink, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Admire the taxidermists’ works of art at the iconic and quirky Deyrolle ‘cabinet de curiosités’
- Try an exquisite piece of pastry and a hot chocolate while seing the pastry chefs at work at the concept store Un Dimanche à Paris
- Listen to the incredible story of the Poilâne bakery that has been run by the same family for three generations
- Meet the manager of the store and smell Cire Trudon’s scented candles trying to guess the natural scents they emit.
- Devour some fine French cheese and wine as you relax and watch Parisians go about their day at the bustling Marché Couvert
- What to Bring: Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring an umbrella for rainy days.
- Duration: 3.5-4 hours
- Meeting point: 236 Boulevard Saint Germain. View on Google Maps.
- Starting time: 2.00 PM
- Ending point: Marché Couvert Saint Germain (4-6 Rue Lobineau 75006)
All details will be included in your confirmation email upon booking